Our Price List
3500 Clayton Rd. Suite 100Concord, CA 94519
(510) 333-2482 Fax: (209) 370-8698
General Price List
Effective Date July 1, 2022 (prices subject to change without notice)
The goods and services shown below are those we can provide to our customers. You may choose only the items you desire. However, any funeral arrangements you select will include a charge for our basic services and overhead. If legal or other requirements mean you must buy any items you did not specifically ask for, we will explain the reason in writing on the statement we provide describing the funeral goods and services you selected.
Prior to drafting any contract for goods or services, the responsible party or decedent’s survivor who is handling the funeral arrangements is entitled to receive a copy of any preneed agreement in the possession of the funeral establishment that has been signed and paid for, in full or in part, by or on behalf of the decedent.
- Basic Services Of Funeral Director And Staff $1195
This is a basic fee for the services of our funeral directors and staff to respond to initial requests for service; arrangement conference with the family or responsible party; arrangement of a funeral or memorial ceremony; preparation and filing of necessary authorizations and permits; recording vital statistics; coordinating service plans with cemetery, crematory; sheltering of the deceased. This fee is for our basic services and overhead which will be added to the total cost of the funeral arrangements you select. (This fee is already included in our charges for Islamic Package, immediate burials, and forwarding or receiving of remains.)
- Emergency Document Filing (within 24 hours) $195
- Placement of cremated remains in Urn provided by the Family $75
- Delivery of Cremated Remains $295
- Packaging & Mailing of Cremated Remains (Continental USA) $195
Embalming —–We Do Not Offer Embalming Now
Except in certain special cases, embalming is not required by law. Embalming may be necessary, however, if you select certain funeral arrangements, such as a funeral with viewing. If you do not want embalming, you usually have the right to choose an arrangement that does not require you to pay for it, such as a direct cremation or immediate burial. Instances where embalming is required are such as where the remains are to be transferred out of the state or out of the country. Embalming is a chemical process which provides temporary preservation of the body and helps eliminate health hazards. We may use the service and location of a Trade Embalmer if needed.
- Preparation & Other Care Of The Deceased
- Dressing & Casketing $195
- Preparation & Disinfection of unembalmed, no Autopsied remains (for viewing) $395
- Preparation & Disinfection of unembalmed Autopsied remains (for viewing) $495
- Restorative Art preparation for viewing $295
- Removal of Pacemaker $125
- Post Autopsy Care $295
- Refrigeration (in compliance of California law) up to three days $150
- Refrigeration – daily charge after the first three days $75
- Sheltering of decedent after embalming (per day) $75
- Facility & Staff for ceremonial washing & dressing $695
- Surcharge for handling and cremating remains in excess of 251 lbs. $250
- Surcharge for handling and cremating remains in excess of 450 lbs. $550
- Surcharge for handling and cremating remains in excess of 600 lbs. $800
- Transfer of remains into our care Monday - Friday 8:00 AM –5:00 PM $495
- Transfer after business hours including weekends $195
- Transfer from private residence or convalescent home (with no holding facility) $195
- Transfer to or from Airport (San Francisco, Oakland & San Jose Airports) $495
- Funeral Hearse (local use) $425
- Service Van (local use) $195
- Use Of Facility, Equipment & Staff
- Identification Viewing (15 minutes) immediate family only $295
- Use of facility for ID viewing & short religious service (2 hours max) $595
- Memorial Service at a third-party facility (4 hours max) $795
- Overtime Charge for Staff on Weekends, Holidays & Evenings(4 hours) $595
- Hourly overtime charge after 4 hours or after 5 pm (per hour) $195
- Delivery of Cremated Remains $195
- Register mailing of Remains via USPS $99
- Scattering of cremated remains at sea (without family present) $250
- Cash Advance Items
- Permit required for Disposition $12
- Certified copies of Death Certificate (price varies per County) $28
- Sending Death Certificate to you by FedEx (plus cost of death certificate) $95
- Coroner's fee (varies by County) At Cost
- Consulate’s fee At Cost
- Adult Caskets $3695 - $995
- Alternative Container $495 - $125
- Air Trays (For remains over 350 lbs.) $350
- Urns (a complete list will be provided at our office) $999 - $25
- Register Books $39 and up
Our Service Packages
- Simple Cremation $1095*
This package includes basic services of staff, transfer of remains into our care, (additional charges will apply for after hours and/or home / nursing facility removal and mileage at $3 per mile if out of our 20 miles service radius) securing necessary permits, 3-day refrigeration, transfer deceased to Crematory, Crematory fee, State fee, plastic Urn and basic alternate container.
This package price includes one copy of Death Certificate, permit of disposition and State Consumer Fee but does not include visitation, rites, or ceremonies prior to cremation of the body. Alternative containers encase the body and can be made of materials like fiberboard or composition materials (with or without an outside covering).
- Witness Cremation $1750*
This Package includes everything in Direct Cremation Package plus family can visit the Crematory to witness the Decedent and the container being inserted in the Chamber.No viewing of the decedent at the Crematory.
- Cremation With Private Farewell $1795*
This package includes basic services of staff, transfer of remains into our care, (additional charges will apply for after hours and/or home / nursing facility removal) refrigeration, securing necessary permits, Preparation for receiving family for viewing, Private Farewell at our facility for 60 minutes (10 persons maximum) and transportation of the Deceased to the Crematory. Crematory fee, State fee, Death Certificate, plastic Urn and basic alternate container is included in the package price.
- Cremation With PUBLIC Farewell $3595*
This package includes basic services of our staff, transfer of remains into our care, (additional charges will apply for after hours and/or home / nursing facility removal) refrigeration, securing necessary permits, Preparation for receiving family for viewing, embalming if necessary, dressing and casketing, Rental Casket included three hours visitation and service at a Church, event Hall or your home, Hearse service, transportation of the Deceased to the Crematory. Crematory fee, State fee, a copy of Death Certificate, plastic Urn and basic alternate container are included.
- Surcharge For Handling Decedents Over 250 Lbs.
- 251 – 350 Lbs. $125
- 351 – 400 Lbs. $250
- 401 – 450 $350
- 451 – 500 $400
- 501 – 550 $600
- 551+ Call
- Forwarding Remains To Another Funeral Home $2100
This package includes basic service of Funeral Director & Staff, transfer of decedent into our care, embalming, dressing and casketing, filing necessary paperwork, transportation to local Airport in shipping container. Does not include Casket, Air Tray, Combo Tray or Airline charges.
- Receiving Remains From Another Funeral Home $1600
This package includes basic service of Funeral Director & Staff, coordinating with forwarding Funeral Home and Airlines, transportation from local Airport, securing Permit of Disposition and transportation to local Cemetery in funeral coach. Does not include any additional services, forwarding or Airline charges.
Our Policy Requires 100% Of The Funeral ExpensesTo Be Paid In Full At The Time Of Arrangement Conference
We accept Cash, Check, and all major Credit & Debit Cards
Payless Cremation makes no representation or warranties regarding the caskets or any merchandise sold in connection with our services. The only warranties, expressed or implied, granted are the expressed written warranties, if any, extended by the manufacturer.
For more information on Funeral, Cemetery & Cremation matters, contact:
Department Of Consumer Affairs
Cemetery & Funeral Bureau
1625 North Market Blvd; Suite S-208 Sacramento, CA 95834